At Hoffman Construction, we are more than just a construction company – we are a close-knit family built on a foundation of passion, integrity, and excellence.
As a fourth-generation family-owned company, we take pride in our rich history and deep roots in the communities we serve. We have built a reputation for delivering exceptional results on every project we undertake, and our commitment to excellence has earned us the trust and respect of our clients and industry peers alike.
What sets us apart is our unwavering commitment to safety. We prioritize the well-being of our employees and project stakeholders above all else, ensuring that everyone goes home safely at the end of each day. Our comprehensive safety programs, regular training, and strict adherence to industry standards are the cornerstones of our safety culture.
We believe in fostering a supportive and inclusive work environment where everyone feels valued, respected, and empowered. Collaboration and teamwork are at the heart of our operations, as we recognize that our collective efforts drive our success. When you join our team, you become part of a close-knit community that supports and encourages one another, working together to overcome challenges and achieve remarkable results.
At Hoffman Construction, we are committed to investing in our employees’ growth and development. We offer ongoing training programs, mentorship opportunities, and a clear path for advancement, ensuring you have the tools and support to reach your full potential. As a company, we value innovation and embrace new technologies and approaches that allow us to stay at the forefront of the industry.
We take pride in our ability to attract and retain top talent. We offer competitive compensation packages, comprehensive benefits, and a positive work-life balance that recognizes the importance of family and personal well-being. We understand that our employees are the foundation of our success, and we believe in recognizing and rewarding their contributions.
When you join Hoffman Construction, you become part of a legacy of excellence that spans generations. You can work on impactful projects that shape communities and leave a lasting legacy. You become part of a team driven by a shared passion for delivering exceptional results and pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Explore our current career opportunities and join us on this exciting journey. Together, we will build a future filled with endless possibilities.
Contact us today or visit our careers page at HoffmanJobs.com to discover how you can become a valued member of the Hoffman Construction family.
2024 Hoffman Construction Open Positions
Essential Functions and Qualifications
- Examine and inspect work progress, equipment, and construction sites to verify safety and to ensure that specifications and milestones are met.
- Estimate material and worker requirements to complete jobs.
- Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of both staff and sub-contractors.
- Resolve issues and coordinate activities with Project Manager.
- Locate, measure, and mark site locations for placement of equipment using equipment such as GPS, etc.
- Record information such as personnel, production, or operational data and submit to home office in a timely manner.
- Assign work to employees based on material, scheduling, and job specific requirements.
- Extensive experience with resource allocation, dirt moving production techniques, and coordination of people and resources on large scale jobs.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective and safe operations.
- Demonstrated experience with the practical application of engineering science and technology, including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of the project.
- Ability to quickly adjust to an environment that is always changing.
- Proven success of considering the costs and benefits of potential actions, and making the best choice.
- Monitoring and assessing the overall performance of the project and the crew, and making improvements.
- A proven leader with strong moral and ethical standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to related to people at all levels of the company.
- A minimum of ten years of experience in the Heavy Highway earthwork industry, including managing large work groups of both labor and grade employees.
Director of Safety & Risk
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, analyze, and control occupational hazards at each work site using a proactive approach.
- Develop regular communication addressing specific risks at each work site.
- Provide required and necessary PPE to field employees.
- Reward employees for going above and beyond in the area of safety.
- Investigate, document and report all personal injury and property damage claims.
- Prepare documentation for insurance claims and OSHA 300 log.
- Manage all worker’s compensation claims and develop and manage employee return to work programs.
- Develop relationships with insurance companies to determine risk management/loss control best practices, and assist with safety audits.
- Write, update, and organize corporate safety policies and procedures, and set an example for others to follow.
- Ensure the company is complying with state and federal OSHA, MSHA and DOT regulations, and monitor legislation and regulation changes.
- Provide leadership and development for the Safety Department Team.
- Manage the safety and risk management program while always setting a positive example for all HCC employees.
- Train managers on safety process and procedures and work with them to reduce accident and incident rates.
- Develop tracking for required and desired training, and provide options for employees to attend and complete.
Job Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Expert knowledge of OSHA, MSHA, and DOT regulations.
- Understanding of both large heavy highway, mining, and site development projects.
- Experience developing, implementing and maintaining safety compliant policies and procedures, and implementing a company-wide safety program.
- Experience developing safety training curriculum and conducting training classes utilizing various mediums.
- Able to work productively in a self-managed environment.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills dealing with all levels including both internal and external sources.
- Must be a strategic thinker and understand and implement long term safety strategies.
- Possess a high level of energy along with the ability to positively influence others to achieve results.
- Able to use diplomacy while quickly solving difficult problems.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on an issue to its final resolution.
- Travel on a regular basis.
Work closely with all department managers to institute this process and document procedures necessary to improve overall safety performance on a continuous basis.
Health & Safety Coordinator
Essential Functions and Qualifications
- Reporting to the area VP, the Project Manager oversees and directs the project’s supervision and other personnel.
- This person will communicate directly with subcontractors, the Department of Transportation, and others concerning project cost, schedule, and staffing.
- The Project Manager will produce project status reports and other reports to document the progress of the project.
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or Construction Management, with 5+ years of experience managing projects of similar size and scope.
- This person must be a self-starter, well organized, possess excellent communication skills, and have high moral and ethical standards.
If you are interested in this position, apply online or send your resume to: [email protected]
Quad Axle Dump Truck Driver
As a quad driver, your primary responsibility will be driving the truck to support the activities of operations. This could be hauling various materials (dirt, aggregates, etc.) or running the truck with a trailer and hauling equipment within a project site or between multiple project sites. Class A Commercial Driver’s License is a must.
Union Grade Foreman
Union Pipe Foreman
As a Pipe Foreman you will oversee the installation of water drainage systems, such as storm sewer, box culverts, etc. Prior experience installing water drainage systems and demonstrated proficiency reading plans are a must.